What IPTV Set Top Box should you choose?
This question is one I have been asked many times and the answer honestly is, “It depends”. I know, I know, that is usually a lame answer that is meant to avoid the actual question, but in the world of the IPTV Set Top Box, this really does apply. Let me explain to you why.
Depending on what you want to use the box for, will dictate what type of box you are actually going to need. For example, if you want to stream IPTV, watch Netflix, browse YouTube, and play games, then you will want something like the Goobang Doo or a Leelbox. Whereas, if you are only interested in streaming IPTV, the MAG box is your hands down choice.
Why does the IPTV box make a difference?
When it comes to streaming IPTV, the MAG Box is by far the hands down winner. This is because it is made strictly for streaming IPTV and therefore has been engineered with that in mind. The streaming and buffering capabilities have been honed to support TV streams better than any others. The video quality is surpassed by no other iptv set top box. This is all because they do not need to add all kinds of extra overhead to support other things like PlayStore, or iTunes. They can concentrate on exactly what the box was built for.
If you need, or want, to do other things on the iptv set top box, then there are a number of different boxes on the market that allow for this. Goobang Doo, nVidia, Leelbox, Apple TV, Roku, are just a few that fall into this category. They support the installation of additional applications like netflix, youtube, facebook, etc… This does come with quite a bit of overhead, so if you are going down this route, do yourself a favor and make sure you buy a iptv set top box with as much RAM as possible. All these boxes are sluggish when it comes to streaming live TV, so be prepared for that. This is simply the price you pay in order to have the extra abilities.
What can you do to improve performance?
There really are only 2 major factors that will improve performance.
- Memory – The more memory the better a IPTV set top box will perform.
- Network Speed – While many boxes will run perfectly fine with slower speeds, your streams, specially HD streams, will suffer the slower the speeds. Many of us believe that a minimum of 10mbps should be used but that may not be the case as network speed is not always that simple. For example, if you have your network setup incorrectly, you may have latency issues that are impacting you. Look into how to setup your MTU’s in order to resolve some latency issues. Another issue that many people are not aware of is the WIFI band that is being used. Most people simply grab a wireless router, setup security and connection, and fire it up. Guess what? The WIFI band that is being used is a default standard band that all routers use. So what do you think is going to happen if everyone in your neighborhood has a WIFI router. Yep, you guessed it. You are all going to be fighting for the same bandwidth which results in slower speeds. The easy answer, to make sure you are not suffering from this, is to go into your router and change the band that the WIFI is running off of. Don’t worry, your devices will still find it, they will just use the new band and not be battling all that network traffic.
What kind of accessories are good for a IPTV Set Top Box?
Realistically, the only thing you may need is either a better remote or a wireless keyboard and mouse. Personally, I like the wireless keyboard and mouse as is gives me more flexibility but the downside is that a lot of boxes support color coded buttons for sorting channels, adding favorites, etc…. Those do not exist on a keyboard.
The bottom line is that if you want to just stream IPTV, then definitely grab a MAG box. If you want other functionality, then you will need another type of IPTV Set Top box. If you go this route, there is a lot to be said for a nVidia box or Apple TV box, but we will save those for another article.
- We have so many apps provided by the app store so that you can watch various IPTV Brazil videos
- It is easier to connect the box with TV. You can handle it easier.
- East steps to set up. Only will take you 5 mins to setup. Every step for set up we will teach you.
- You will feel the greatest experience ever because the
- If you have any question, email us and we will reach you.
- Just two apps, it can meet the needs of global users for watching TV. Please download VOTV and MVOD in the APP Store.
- All accessories are complete, and users can easily use this device without additional costs.
- Very easy to use. If you are a beginner, please ask the seller for a guide.
- The newly developed IPTV box in 2021 will give you a more perfect experience.
- Our customer service staff always reply to messages within 1 to 12 hours. If you have any questions, please contact us.
- 10000+ Channels meet the TV watching needs of people from all countries.Such as Indian, Brasil, Arabic, Latino, America, UK, Canada, Europe, Asia and so on.
- No need to pay any monthly or yearly fee. VOTV and MVOD apps will provide all programs lifetime.
- Many different program types are available: Sport, News, TV Series, Cartoons, Drama, Movies, Kids, Adult, etc.
- Users does not need any other expenses, this device already contains all the accessories.
- We send a user guide to each buyer, please pay attention to your email message.
- Much Faster Than older MAG 322 W1 and MAG 324 W2.
- 100% authentic box from infomir with the hologram at the bottom.
- 4K and HEVC H.265 support.
- Built-in Wi-Fi AC 2x2.
- HARDWARE ONLY, NO SUBSCRIPTION INCLUDED.
Last update on 2021-09-30 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API